Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website the pluto diaries: magnets

Translate


Book It!

Share on Goodreads

September 28, 2022

magnets

We’ve been like magnets since the day we met. We were so alike, we naturally gravitated toward one another. But it’s been five years since that day. In five years, we’ve changed, and maybe we changed each other. We’re not those kids anymore. We know who we are now. 

We're not the people we were in high school, and I've stopped trying to pretend that we could be again. We couldn’t. We can't just pretend everything’s okay, and that I didn’t hurt you and you didn’t hurt me, because we did. I messed up and I'm sorry. 

None of that should have happened. I don't know what would have gone down if we hadn't been interrupted, manipulated, for months; dragged along by a monster disguised as a high school student. Would we have stayed friends? Would we be mad at each other now? Would we even care? Whatever might have happened, that’s high school drama. It still hurts, it haunts me a little, and it's still a part of our past and how we met. How we bonded, anyway. We're different now, and whatever relationship we have needs to be different too, it's just not the same.

There’s no reason we can’t be friends as two people in their twenties who can talk like human beings. High school was dumb, and so were we. Being separate from you has made me much more aware of my own issues, and I’m sure you’ve had your share of awareness too. What we put each other through was immature and painful. I’m so incredibly thankful for it, though. Without it, I wouldn’t have been able to grow and begin to understand what the hell I wanted out of life. Finally, everything makes sense to me. I have someone out there who likes me, and I like him, and he’s not you. I’m writing for the school paper. I’m happy most days. All without you. I can’t wait to hear what you’ve done. We’ve been like magnets since the day we met. I connected myself to you, and you to me. Eventually, we pulled apart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

vote on this post

🍰